Savoury Pancakes with Matcha Crème Fraiche and Basil Oil
These moreish savoury pancakes with matcha crème fraiche and basil oil easily brighten up your plate. Taking inspiration from our Mojito Mint Colour Boutique shade to add a splash of colour.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a saucepan and wilt the spinach. Once cooled, blitz to a smooth purée and set aside.
- In another small pan, cook the fresh basil in olive oil over a low heat.
- Next, add the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Whisk together the egg and milk and gradually pour into the flour mixture, whisking continuously until smooth.
- Whisk in the spinach purée and fold in the blanched and cooled peas. Set aside.
- Take the basil oil off the heat and set aside. Meanwhile, mix the matcha powder and crème fraiche together.
- Heat a large frying pan with a splash of olive oil on a medium heat. Take a large ladle and gently pour in the pancake batter to form a circular shape. Once you see air bubbles popping through, flip the pancake and cook for another 5 minutes. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, blitz the basil oil and pass through a fine sieve into a jug, ready to drizzle onto the pancakes.
- Stack up the pancakes, spoon over a large dollop of matcha crème fraiche, pour on the basil oil and finish with a sprinkle of diced spring onion.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 30 Minutes