Blue Corn Tacos with Mackerel & Salsa
Taking inspiration from our Thunder Blue Colour Boutique shade, these blue corn tacos are sure to be a hit at the dinner table #TasteOfColour.
- First, make the salsa. Finely dice all of the ingredients and add into a large bowl. Mix in the tomato ketchup to bind together. Add a pinch of sugar, a squeeze of lime juice and season with salt.
- Wash the mackerel under cold water. Pat dry and place on a board skin side down. Cut each fillet into 4 at a slight angle. Turn the grill to a high heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan to a high heat. Take a square of greaseproof paper, just big enough to cover the bottom of the pan, and lay it in the hot, dry pan. Immediately arrange the fillets skin side up onto the greaseproof paper. Fry for approximately 7 minutes and then transfer onto a baking tray and place under the grill for a further 2 minutes.
- Arrange the blue corn tacos onto a plate, being careful not to overlap them. Microwave for 40 seconds, or alternatively fry in a dry pan until they start to blister and rise slightly.
- Compile your tacos – fill with the shredded lettuce, a spoonful of salsa, slices of radish and finish with the mackerel. Serve immediately with a generous squeeze of lime juice and a pinch of sea salt.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 15 Minutes