Stuffed Whole Rainbow Trout
We love stuffed fish, this delicious recipe brings out the flavour, utilising our Maxi-Grill™ feature available on all new Stoves range cookers.
- First it's time to make the pesto! Add all the ingredients into a blender and with a good glue of rapeseed oil. Whizz until just smooth, check the seasoning and once happy pop to one side ready for the trout.
- Lay your fish on a chopping board and using a sharp knife, carefully cut some slits into the skin, 3 on either side.
- Now opening up the belly stuff with lemon slices, tomatoes, dill and some rosemary sprigs.
- Now to stuff the slits with the pesto, spoon it in until filled up, even pop some in the belly as well.
- Turn on the grill ready for cooking.
- Now lay the trouts carefully onto the grill plate, dot about any extra tomatoes and lemon, as these grilled are fantastic.
- Drizzle over some oil and salt and pepper.
- Pop under the grill and cook for 6 minutes either side, if the skin catches a little don’t worry it all adds to the flavour.
- Enjoy straight away.
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 12 Minutes
2 whole trout scaled and gutted
3 lemons sliced
3 large bunches of cherry tomatoes on the vine
½ bunch of fresh dill
4 sprigs of rosemary
For the pesto:
1 bunch of basil
1 garlic clove chopped
50g pine nuts
25g parmesan cheese crumbled
Salt and pepper to taste