1. This is simplicity personified, you’ll only need one main bowl.
2. Whisk the eggs and sugar together for at least 3 minutes, they should be light and mousse like.
3. Sieve the flour and baking powder and fold into the mix along with the honey.
4. The final stage is to add the melted butter and again fold in gently.
5. Leave the mix in the fridge now for around 10 minutes, this will thicken the batter.
6. In those ten minutes pop the oven on 190 (gas mark 5)
7. Butter the madeline pan then give it a light dusting of flour, banging off any excess, to ensure the madelines won’t stick.
8. When you are ready to fill the moulds its 1tablespoon of batter per mould, spoon it into the middle of the impression and the batter will spread out itself. Top with 1/2tsp of the curd and a raspberry.
9. Bake for 10 minutes until golden.
10. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool and bake the next batch.
11. Dust with icing sugar.
100g caster sugar
100g melted butter
100g plain flour
1 jar of good quality lemon curd
1 punnet of raspberries
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp orange blossom honey, or regular honey