Roasted Pepper and Tomato Soup
- Cut the peppers in half, take out the seeds and stalks and put on a baking sheet.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and put on the sheet.
- Grate garlic over and add a splash of oil.
- Put in the oven at 230°C until just starting to colour.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the onions and sweat, add the flour and cook for 3 minutes. Add the peppers and tomatoes and then the stock and season.
- Bring up to the boil and simmer for 45 minutes, skim off if necessary.
- Liquidise and put back into a clean pan.
- Reboil, season again and serve.
PS: We use more peeled roasted peppers as a garnish.
Recipe by Brian Turner from his book 'A Taste of Summer'
Cook time: 45 mins