Our Steam & Infuse™ accessory makes a wonderful juicy roast chicken, as it circulates moisture throughout cooking. Use stock, beer, wine and cola to impart lots of flavour.
- Place the Steam & Infuse™ frame in the middle of the roasting tray. Fill the Steam & Infuse™ container with vegetable stock, about 150ml, and sit the bunch of fresh herbs in the container. Quarter the lemon and push it into the middle of the herbs.
- Place the chicken over the top of the Steam & Infuse™ frame - legs down, so that it looks like it is sitting upright with the container in its cavity. Brush the olive oil over the chicken and sprinkle the salt and pepper over the whole bird.
- Place any vegetables around the bottom of the chicken in the roasting tray, and drizzle more olive oil over them, turning them around to coat them in the oil.
- Place the roasting tray in the preheated oven and roast for 20 mins per 450g, plus 20 mins, until the skin is golden and the juices run clear. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for at least 15 mins. Then, carefully remove the chicken from the Steam & Infuse™ framework, and place it on a serving platter.
- Arrange with all the cooked vegetables and serve straightaway.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 1½ Hours (Depending on size of chicken)
1 x whole chicken (approximately 1.2 to 1.5kg)
Bunch of fresh herbs (parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme)
Half a lemon
Salt and pepper