Rib Of Beef
Rib of beef is a brilliant choice for a roast, it’s juicy and succulent, as its cooked bone in this helps with the cooking and also has bags of flavour. Serve alongside your favourite accompaniments.
Cooking in our Quad Oven™ means you can cook multiple things at once, well suited to large families and gatherings.
- Pre heat the oven to 200°c
- Season the joint with the crushed pepper and sea salt or a flavouring of your choice. Press onto the fat and flesh to evenly coat. Sprinkle over the rosemary and thyme and drizzle over some oil. Pop the garlic halves into the tray.
- Roast for 20 minutes at 200°c then turn the oven down to 160°C.
- Cook for 20 minutes per 450g for medium/15 minutes per 450g for rare. Rest the meat for 15-30 minutes in a warm place.
- Resting meat will make it more tender and juicy as it allows the juices to reabsorb evenly through it after cooking. Put your joint on a chopping board and cover it loosely with foil. Set aside for 30 minutes before carving it.
- Slice the meat neatly away from the bone. Cut the meat away from in between the bones or separate the bones and serve as they are. Carve the joint into slices and serve.
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 1½ - 2 Hours
3kg Beef rib (3/4 bones)
½ bunch fresh thyme, chopped
½ bunch fresh rosemary, chopped
2 bulbs of garlic, halved
Fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt.