A delicious recipe for using up cupboard staples, this lentil, chickpea and spinach curry is plant-based, healthy and suitable for freezing. Add as many vegetables as you like!
1. Heat the oil on a medium heat in a large saucepan.
2. Add the onion and fry for a minute, softening slightly.
3. Add in the garlic and curry powder and stir well.
4. Tip all the other ingredients into the pan, stir and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Season well and serve with fluffy rice.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 30 Minutes
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp curry powder
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can green lentils
1 vegetable stock cube