This is a wonderful bread recipe to try, and if you're feeling adventurous, you can incorporate any flavours you love. We recommend using rosemary and red onion for a sophisticated and scrumptious focaccia.
Proving Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Pre heat the oven to 210c.
- Add all the bread ingredients into a stand mixer and a dough hook, beat well, for 5 minutes.
- Take the bowl off the mixer and pop over a tea towel and leave to prove for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Once this has doubled in size, knock back the dough and have it ready to put into a tray.
- Use a 12 x 18 inch tray, grease it well with olive oil, ensuring you get it into the corners.
- Layout the dough into the tray and leave to prove for another 30 minutes.
- Now just before putting it in the oven, press your fingertips into the dough carefully, leaving some indentations.
- Sprinkle over the rosemary, add the onion discs, a sprinkle of crushed salt and another drizzle of oil.
- Pop in the oven for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly before slicing. The bread will keep for 4 days in an airtight tub.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 45 Minutes