Christmas Infused Hen
On the third day of Christmas, Stoves gave to me… Christmas infused hen. Using the Steam & Infuse™ feature, add a blend of festive spices to your roast chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Combine the butter, spices, salt, orange zest, orange juice, maple syrup in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Rub 2/3 of the butter mix over and under the skin of the chicken. Reserve the remaining 1/3.
- Rub salt into the cavity and place the orange half and 2 bay leaves inside the chicken.
- If you’re using the Steam & Infuse™ function, pour the remaining butter mix into the accessory and top up with hot water if needed.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 175°C.
- If you’re not using the Steam & Infuse™ function, brush the remaining butter mixture over the chicken.
- bake again for a further 40-50 minutes, until the juices run clear.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Leave to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes