1. Defrost the prawms completely and pat dry
2. Marinate the prawns in 1/2 tsp of tumeric, 1/2 tsp of salt, and 1 tsp of lemon juice and keep aside.
3. In a small bowl add the spices i.e. 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of tumeric powder, 1 tsp of red chilli powder, 2 tsps of coriander powder and 1 tsp of garam masala and mix it with 3 - 4 tbsps of water and keep aside. This is your spice paste.
4. Take a heavy based pan with a larger circumference and add the vegetable oil, when the oil is hot add 1 tsp of mustard seeds and 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
5. Add the garlic and after a few seconds when they have browned add the onions and cook till translucent.
6. Add the spice paste, cook for 1 min, add the curry leaves.
7. Add the tomatoes and the fat red chillies, cook for 5 - 6 minutes
8. Add the tin of coconut milk, bring to the boil, simmer for 1 minute, add 1/2 cup of water approx, and cook it on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
9. Add the prawns cook, cook for 2 minutes till they change colour and turn pink.
10. Garnish with coriander and serve with boiled rice.
Note: If the mixture is too think then add ½cup of boiling water
500 grams approx of raw peeled Jumbo King Prawns
1 medium sized onion (chopped coarsley)
6 - 8 garlic cloves sliced in rounds
2 medium sized tomatoes (chopped coarsely)
1 tin of 400ml coconut milk
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
3 - 4 fresh fat red chillies sliced in rounds
10 - 12 curry leaves
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp red chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup approx water
6 - 8 tbsps vegetable oil (Do not use too much as coconut milk also leaves oil)