Centenary Venison Sausage & Apple Mash
Upgrade the traditional meal into an ultimate family dinner dish. Get everyone’s tastebuds tingling with rich venison sausages, sweet apple mash and serve with fresh winter vegetables.
- In a large saucepan, bring salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, put a frying pan on a medium high heat and once hot, add the venison sausages.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally until they are fully cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- To the same frying pan, add a knob of butter and add the onion. Sauté for 15-20mins on a low heat until soft.
- Next, stir in the flour and gradually pour in the stock, stirring continuously. Simmer for 2 minutes then pour the sauce into a jug and keep warm.
- In a small pan, cook the apples in a knob butter for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Drain the potatoes and mash well with the remaining butter and the milk. Fold in the apple, ensuring it’s well combined.
- Plate the mash, arrange the sausages on top and pour over the sauce. Serve with fresh winter vegetables.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 1 Hour
8 premium venison sausages
700g King Edward potatoes, cut into chunks
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 tsp plain flour
250ml beef stock
2 green apples, peel and diced into small chunks
2 tbsp milk