A wonderful show-stopper starter, you can use any mould you like to create a truly unique salmon mousse.
Chill Time: 6 Hours
1. Line a mould of your choice with cling film so the salmon mousse is easy to remove later.
2. Line the mould with the smoked salmon, letting it hang from the edge for folding over later.
3. Add the chopped smoked salmon into a food processor and blend for 30 seconds. Add the cream and the lemon juice, blend again for another 30 seconds until just smooth.
4. Spoon the mixture into the bowl and stir in the finely diced cucumber, chives and the black pepper. Combine thoroughly.
5. Evenly spoon the mixture into the mould and fold over the smoked salmon. Leave to chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
6. Remove from the mould by carefully peeling off the cling film. Serve on a large plate or board with wedges of lemon and warm melba toast.
Prep time: 30 Minutes
225g smoked salmon (for the mould)
275g smoked salmon, chopped
1 lemon, juice only
½ cucumber, peeled, deseeded and finely diced
3 tbsp chives, chopped
Freshly ground pepper