COULD YOU BE A STOVES COMMUNITY KITCHEN?
British cooking appliance brand, Stoves, is looking for community projects to support as part of its new £20,000 Community Kitchens campaign.
Aimed at placing the kitchen at the heart of local communities, this biannual campaign will transform kitchen facilities in community projects across the UK, awarding deserving initiatives with thousands of pounds worth of kitchen appliances.
The nominated projects need to be owned, developed and led by the communities they serve and the nominations must explain why kitchen appliances would add value to the project.
Silver and bronze winners will receive Stoves appliance packages worth between £2,000 and £3,000, with two overall winners per year winning £5,000 in prizes.
How to get involved
If you think your project deserves to win, simply fill in our simple nomination form and explain why in no more than 300 words. Nominated projects could include initiatives such as the refit of a village hall kitchen, community centre, women’s refuge or a cookery school. Whatever it is – big or small - we want to hear about it. Don’t forget to include your contact details so that a member of our team can get in touch with you.
The deadline for nominations is 9 am on Monday 17th October 2016. Once the nominations period has closed, a shortlist will be announced. This will then be put to a public vote - see terms and conditions for details.
To find out more about previous Community Kitchens winners, click here.
- This competition is open to charities, community projects, non-profit organisations or social enterprises in the UK. The nominated projects need to be owned, developed and led by the communities they serve. The winners may be asked for evidence that their organisation qualifies.
- There will be three winners for each wave of the competition. A shortlist of entrants will be chosen from all valid entries by a judging panel comprising representatives of Stoves and other experts. Entries will be judged on the information provided and how this shows that the community project will benefit from the prize. The shortlist will then be put to a public vote via Stoves’ Facebook page. The winner and two runners up will be determined by the number of votes they receive. The decision is final.
- The first wave of this competition will open on 11 August 2016 and close at 9am on Monday 17th October 2016. The voting dates will be disclosed after this time. Finalists will be contacted by representatives of Stoves using the information provided during the nomination process.
- There are three prizes per wave:
- Gold winner: £5,000 worth of Stoves kitchen appliances
- Silver winner: £3,000 worth of Stoves kitchen appliances
- Bronze winner: £2,000 worth of Stoves kitchen appliances
- Any entrants found to be manipulating votes will be disqualified from the competition.
- Entrants must check suitability of Stoves’ range of appliances before entering the competition. There will be no alternative products offered to winners that do not check suitability before entering.
- The winner must accept their prize in writing within 10 working days of being contacted by Stoves. The prize must be delivered to the winner within six months of accepting the prize.
- All prizes are subject to stock and availability. Stoves reserves the right to change, withdraw or amend the prize at any time.
- Delivery of prize may take up to eight weeks and Stoves reserves the right to refuse the winner's product choice due to stock. Prizes must be chosen from the Stoves range of appliances. There is no cash alternative.
- Installation, kitchen alterations and removal of old appliances is not included in the prize. Delivery is included to a single mainland UK address only.
- By entering, you understand that the name, image and details of the organisation and individuals associated with it may be used on the Stoves Facebook and Twitter pages, website and in other publicity. By accepting the prize, winners agree to a photo shoot and also to take part in publicity around the campaign.